Course Regulations/Player Responsibilities
Should you have question about any of the following, please contact a member of our professional staff at any of our golf courses.
- All players must check in with the golf shop.
- All play starts on #1 unless otherwise directed by the golf shop.
- Play U.S.G.A. Rules unless modified by local rules.
- Play within prescribed time limit as set by each golf course. Time limit strictly enforced.
- Keep your position on golf course.
- Play only one ball – no practicing on the course.
- Repair ball marks on greens.
- Replace divots.
- Rake sand bunkers.
- Do not litter.
- Keep all carts away from greens and off tees.
- Call “fore” loudly if other person is in danger of being hit.
- Drop away from small trees.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times on golf course – no tank tops or cut-offs.
- Each player must have golf bag and clubs except at Harvard Gulch and Kennedy Par 3 courses.
- Injury to persons or property as result of your play is your responsibility.
- Practice golf etiquette and rules.
- Use of steel spiked shoes is not allowed.
The Director of Golf, Golf Professionals, Golf Course Superintendents, Course Managers, Crew Supervisors, Manager on Duty/Golf Shop Staff and Rangers shall be agents of the Manager of Parks and Recreation and shall enforce all rules and regulations pertaining to golf.
Every person on the golf course must have an associated receipt available if requested by a Denver Golf representative.
Spectators are welcome. If they wish to ride, they must check in with the pro-shop for cart availability and pay the associated cart fees.
In case of lightning, individual golfers already on the course are responsible for monitoring weather conditions and deciding if continuation of play is safe.
Trespassers, dog walkers, bicycle-riders, picnickers, or any other unauthorized person shall not be permitted on the golf premises.
Children between the ages of 4-12 may play on regulation courses when accompanied by a golfer 16 years or older. Players 12 and older may play without a parent/guardian 16 years or older in the group.
Golfers on weekends, holidays and busy weekdays must play in foursomes unless the Manager on Duty/Golf Shop Staff allows golfers to play in smaller groups when play is not busy. The Manager on Duty/Golf Shop Staff will assign all unfilled reservation times the day of play on a first-come first-serve basis.
Fivesomes are only allowed at the discretion of the head Golf Professional or Manager On Duty during off-peak season with the use of three golf carts and during special events. There is no ability to make reservations for fivesomes using the reservation system. All five players must ride. No fivesomes allowed during peak season.
No person shall play on a golf course that has been closed by the Superintendent, Crew Supervisor or Manager on Duty.
No vehicles other than golf carts shall be permitted on the golf courses without the permission of the Superintendent, Crew Supervisor, or Manager on Duty.
Violations of Denver Golf rules and regulations may result in the following consequences.
The Manager’s agents may remove a golfer, or golfers, from the golf course for flagrant violation of course rules or golf etiquette; such as obnoxious behavior; intoxication; damaging the course; refusal to let people through when holding up play; failure to follow course design from a hole-to-hole basis.
The Director of Golf may restrict golfer(s) from all public courses for a specified time for flagrant or repeated violations.